Thursday, August 11, 2011

Cloth Diaperin' Mama

So, I can't even count how many times that when I told our friends and family that we were cloth diapering--the "oh my gosh, are you crazy?!" and "Oh, I'll give you a month" looks that I got. Hell, I even got that from Dan. At first! (Don't tell anyone, but he actually told me he's really excited about it!) But, I'm here to tell you--the cloth diapers aren't going anywhere people. I'll have the luxury of staying at home with Grace for the first 6 months or so of her life, and I think it all just works out perfectly.

So, when you first think of cloth diapers...how many of you think of safety pins and a peice of cloth? Yeah, me too. Not so much! Cloth diapers have come a long way, and I was convinced from my dear friend Lacey that it's the way to go. Not only are you doing your part to save our planet, but it's the more economical choice too. I'm not sure if I will be saving bundles of money, since I chose to not go the cheapest route...but over the past 9 months I have kept my eyes open for any type of sale I can get.

Here's a peek at what we've got so far. Yes, I said so far. Sorry Dan! This is by far my favorite drawer to show people when they have come to check out Grace's nursery.


Helllllooo cuteness. Can't you just see that cute little cloth bum crawling around? I'm so excited, and I can't wait to prove everyone wrong show everyone, that cloth diapering isn't that much harder and is a better choice! Enough about me being a brat to prove everyone wrong... ;)

This last weekend my Mom, Leslie, Grandma, Eme, and Steph came to visit us! We had such a great time, and it was nice to see all the ladies in my life. We're all getting so excited for Grace's arrival, and my poor mom thinks that every time my name pops up on her phone--it's me telling her I'm going in to labor. As if she wasn't already such a worry wart! Here's a few pictures!


I told Eme to make a funny face, this is what she came up with. I just love her!
5 generations! Soon to be 6! I love this picture!

So, what do you think about cloth diapering? Are you mad at me for admitting that I want to prove most of you wrong? :) Anyways, well I hope y'all have a blessed Thursday! Is it really already Thursday? My goodness. 37 weeks next week!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment