Thursday, June 16, 2011

Peonies on the brain...

Pregnancy. It's full of symptoms. I'm actually one of the few who is blessed to say that so far, pregnancy and God have dealt me a pretty good hand. Morning sickness...nope...swollen feet...sometimes...moodiness...just ask Dan, I'm SURE he'll give you a great answer!...nesting...OMG yes! All that I've wanted to do is to clean and organize. It started when we were living in Abilene. We were in the middle of figuring out if we were going to stay there and raise our family, or for Dan to search for jobs as a civilian. With life being in limbo, it was next to impossible for me to nest. It drove me absolutely nuts. Luckily, now we're in our new home...and the nesting has begun. I want this place to be perfect, and clean, and organized for when Miss Grace makes her debut.

This is so me. Baby brain is no joke, and being a klutz...well, anyone who knows me knows that I'm not exactly GRACEfull! So, I think I mentioned peonies earlier. Oh yeah, the patio. See, this is babybrain at it's best folks. My sentences are filled with a lot of "umms" and "Oh yeah, I remember nows!" For someone who has never really been a.d.d. it's pretty interesting. Okay, really. See. Now this is awful. Okay, peonies and patios. Right down the street is a super awesome H.E.B. that has a pretty nice flower department. I was able to pick up some peonies that were so tight and ball like, and they transformed right in front of my eyes this week. So beautiful! Thought I'd share. Just in case anyone wants to know what my new favorite flowers are....for no particular reason, of course!
Beautiful. Okay, so now to the patio part. So, we go from having a kick-ass backyard that was perfect for entertaining, to a little bity excuse for a patio. That doesn't allow grills, for the record. No, it's really not that awful, atleast we have one. We found a patio set that's perfect for small areas at World Market (love that store by the way!) So now, we have a little bench, a coffee table, and two chairs out there. But, even though we have a lovely view of all of the suburban neighborhoods that surround us, I need a little more green in my life! I'm thinking...hanging plants, tropical plants, succulents on the tables, little box planter thingys, and of course...peonies for when we have company. Now, who's coming over? I'm dying to use my stash of entertainment-ware.

I think this whole blogging thing is going to be just great for me. As most of you know, I used to write all the time. I think it sure does beat the heck out of talking to the dogs. Oh, and by the way--Dan is totally resisting me blogging. His words: "Oh God, why am I in this thing?" Uh, hello. It's OUR life. People really do care! And, plus, what Mommy says...goes. HA! :D


Crystal

No comments:

Post a Comment