Monday, June 20, 2011

Of course this is about Father's Day!

Hello! Oohh...it's Monday. Monday's are always so bittersweet to me. I'm sure most people are thinking, "how in the heck is it sweet?", but I always think of Monday's as a new start. A day to begin new things. To begin working out (which of course never sticks), to begin a new diet (once again, never sticks), or in my case today--to begin a new relationship with our new OBGYN! Woohoo! This is going to be the man to deliver our sweet baby girl! Dan and I have already visited with him once, but that was just a consultation to tell me the do's and the dont's of pregnancy, history, etc. This time...we get to do a glucose test, and I get to see her! I know she's going to look so different than when we saw her at 20 weeks, I'm so excited. Unfortunately, Mr. Mills can't make it. New job + Baby Appts = Probably won't make many of em from here on out! It's okay, he'll just have a million text messages to come home to when he gets off of work!

So enough about me, how was Father's Day for everyone? I'm sure it's mostly Momma's that read this blog--but I couldn't help but think about all those Mom's out there that play the role of Mom and Dad. And visa versa for the Daddy's that play the role of Mommy too! For Father's Day, I got Dan this little bible for him to read to Grace. It's a Father-Daughter one, and I thought it was so cute. Of course, the look on his face when he saw something pink in his gift bag was priceless. Kind of like, "Um...what in the heck am I supposed to do with this thing?" face. Us women are always so funny. We think of these thoughtful gifts, and in return--we get a "where's my Red Sox shirt?" comment. Joking! Sorta... ;) I love you babe! Also, on Saturday Dan and I ventured to Whole Paycheck... I mean Whole Foods and got some ingredients for a homemade pizza. Only there, and probably in Austin, would you find them selling Toms at a grocery store. Besides the point! We ended up walking out of there with 5 different kinds of cheeses. 5! Oh my goodness, and our take on a deepdish pizza was incredible. I had some dough left over, and made this for Dan.



Unfortunately, I didn't get the chance to hang out with my Dad this Father's Day. Sad day...and I know he missed us! But, we (and by we, I mean Grace and I!) will be in Abilene this coming up weekend for my baby shower. Yayyyyyyyyyy! I can't wait to see all of my lovelies and family! Just wish that Boston wasn't so far away, so everyone can participate. In my make-believe happy world, all of my family and friends are together with all of Dan's family and friends. Might be kinda scary, but I think it'd be perfect. Maybe one day! :)

So, our weekend was pretty fun. Austin is such an incredible place. I love how it can be so much fun at night time, but then also just as fun and family oriented during the day! It's really such a unique place, and I feel so blessed to live here! I think the highlight of the weekend would be our trip to the Austin Farmer's Market, downtown. It was a blast. Very hot, even at 10 in the morning, but a blast none the less. We came out of there with all kinds of stuff, and honestly could have bought more--if we had more cash on us! Farmer's Markets are always so inspiring to me! We found some incredible San Marzano tomatoes that I had to get. San Marzano's are the best, and yummiest sauce tomatoes! We also found the world's largest eggplant. We were instantly inspired to try Dan's Aunt's recipe for eggplant parmesan that she made for Christmas. Yum! Isn't food just beautiful?




Wow, okay enough chit chat from me. I have lots to do today--and one of them includes making and assembling my hostess thank you gifts. Here's a hint ladies...you get 4 gifts in one! Dan is amazed at how nice us women are!

Have a great Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment